News and Features
Muslim women are fighting for their rights from within Islamic tradition, rather than against it.
Want to help Texas women? African AIDS orphans? Here's how.
Women writers are far outnumbered by men in magazines and book reviews, but why? Part of the answer lies in book publishing.
US forces used the plight of Afghan women to justify war—but twelve years later, women are still suffering.
Women of color are the “gender gap.”
The devaluation of “content” is bad for readers and for democracy.
At an afternoon of feminist performance art on Brooklyn stoops, eavesdropping was encouraged.
Unfortunately, Justice Rehnquist’s conservative Supreme Court made sure it wouldn't.
Who decides what’s “essential” during a government shutdown?
A new book by Stephen Jimenez tells a very different story about the killing of Matthew Shepard by Aaron McKinney.
- How to Destroy a Public-School System
- The Supreme Court That Made It Easier to Buy Elections Just Made It Harder for People to Vote in Them
- What’s Wrong With the Radical Critique of the People’s Climate March
- Why Hong Kong’s ‘Occupy Central’ Movement Has Beijing Very, Very Scared
- Are Gaza Protests Coming to the NBA Preseason?
Facebook Like Box