News and Features
Want to help Texas women? African AIDS orphans? Here's how.
Women writers are far outnumbered by men in magazines and book reviews, but why? Part of the answer lies in book publishing.
US forces used the plight of Afghan women to justify war—but twelve years later, women are still suffering.
Women of color are the “gender gap.”
The devaluation of “content” is bad for readers and for democracy.
At an afternoon of feminist performance art on Brooklyn stoops, eavesdropping was encouraged.
Unfortunately, Justice Rehnquist’s conservative Supreme Court made sure it wouldn't.
Who decides what’s “essential” during a government shutdown?
A new book by Stephen Jimenez tells a very different story about the killing of Matthew Shepard by Aaron McKinney.
Novelist Kate Manning richly reimagines Madame Restell as a defender of women from the horrors of poverty, male privilege and their own physiology.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box