News and Features
Outrageous GOP attacks on women could result in a repeat of the 1992 phenomenon, which saw an upsurge in women elected to Congress.
Women were not the only ones left out of the last presidential debate. Here's what the next moderator should ask.
In her loopy new book, the celebrity feminist acknowledges that every woman is sexually unique, but then she argues that they're all the same—i.e., just like her.
The imperatives of the national security state override the possibility that Assange could face a fair investigation in his sex crimes charges.
What's the matter with them? Do they have Stockholm syndrome?
Akin’s theory of rape is monstrous. But he got it from a culture of rape apologetics that is not confined to one end of the political spectrum.
Facts still don’t get in their way.
At a solidarity event in Manhattan, Pussy Riot supporters drew connections between threats to free expression in Russia and in the United States.
The healthcare law ushers in a new reality for transgender people, long subjected to outrageous discrimination and disrespect by medical providers.
Sgt. Luis Walker was sentenced to 20 years in prison for rape and sexual assault. Now will Congress investigate?
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth