News and Features
Despite the president’s promise to cut funding to discredited HIV and pregnancy prevention programs, taxpayer dollars are still bankrolling anti-gay, anti-choice conservative religious groups.
There’s no telling how far religious exemptions will go under Justice Alito’s ruling.
The court’s decision to invalidate the abortion clinic buffer zone limits the privacy women require as participants in a democracy.
While the Court did not strike down barrier zones in other states and cities, the people who brought us McCullen can take those statutes on next.
Systematic undercounting of sexual assaults in the US disguises a hidden rape crisis.
Joshua DuBois makes an unconvincing argument against the criticism of President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative.
Why does the belief that women are safest when secluded still hold sway in India?
Yes, it humanizes the women held in Litchfield Penitentiary—but it laughs at the idea that they could change anything about their circumstances.
Hint: it’s the one that defends him whenever he launches into a sexist tirade.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’