News and Features
Virtually everyone agrees the system is broken. But while some feminists want colleges to deliver justice, others argue it’s just not their job. Who is right?
Why exactly did the telegenic Cambodian campaigner use fake trafficking victims to raise philanthropic cash from Westerners? And when will Nicholas Kristof ever learn?
The struggle over the meaning of one man’s killing spree may prove to be a watershed moment in the history of feminism.
So she was ambivalent at first. So were a lot of us.
We are witnessing a full-fledged war, not of the sexes, but of gender roles.
Menopause isn’t “The Change,” she says. Instead, fertility is what’s unusual.
If Monica Lewinsky were a man, she would have transcended the Clinton scandal long ago.
We don’t know where sexualized violence falls in the terrible hierarchy of damage from this conflict, but we know it’s happening—and it’s important to gather evidence now.
When only US wages can support families in the Global South, parents and children divide to survive.
The country’s abortion restrictions are under fire—and prochoice activists are surprisingly optimistic.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box