News and Features
In Egypt, as well as in the West, outrage over rampant sexual assault has too often been about political agendas rather than concern for the actual victims.
DC autonomy is now more likely than ever, and with it will come the lifting of a ban on Medicaid coverage of abortion for local women.
Women who care for poor kids are often mothers living in poverty themselves.
New York City mayoral candidate Christine Quinn says Anthony Weiner’s sexual behavior inspires disgust. In another era, hers would have too.
Smacking down the the latest anti-abortion fallacy.
Low-paid adjunct faculty, who are mostly female, have started unionizing for better pay—and winning.
After the defeat of DOMA, the LGBTQ movement needs to push beyond marriage equality.
The Supreme Court affirmed the rights of gay people just as it rode roughshod over the rights of African-Americans.
Everyone knows marriage is gendered. But divorce is where cultural stereotypes become law.
Hint: it’s not the marriage part.
- The Coming ‘Instant Planetary Emergency’
- The Progressive Honor Roll of 2013
- Jonathan Ferrell, Former Football Player, Killed by Police After Seeking Help Following Car Wreck
- Why Is ‘The New Republic’ Taking Money From an NSA Contractor to Run Defenses of the NSA?
- De Blasio Takes Agenda National—Because He Has To