News and Features
With a new play, Emotional Creature, and big plans for V-Day 2013, the activist playwright reaches for new heights.
Meet the man who could be New York’s first transgender City Council member.
Let’s get real: an abortion ban exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the woman would account for less than 7 percent of abortions that happen in America each year.
What Romney may privately believe is far less important than the bargains he has made with the far-right Christian base of his party.
The wing-nuttery’s gaybaiting is not just a fringe phenomenon—it’s part of an old Republican tradition of macho posturing against Democrats.
Outrageous GOP attacks on women could result in a repeat of the 1992 phenomenon, which saw an upsurge in women elected to Congress.
Women were not the only ones left out of the last presidential debate. Here's what the next moderator should ask.
In her loopy new book, the celebrity feminist acknowledges that every woman is sexually unique, but then she argues that they're all the same—i.e., just like her.
The imperatives of the national security state override the possibility that Assange could face a fair investigation in his sex crimes charges.
What's the matter with them? Do they have Stockholm syndrome?
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- This City Came Up With a Simple Solution to Homelessness: Housing
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- How Mitch McConnell Is Bending Every Last Campaign Finance Rule
Facebook Like Box