News and Features
In Russia, activists struggle against rising homophobia and a government crack down on LGBT rights.
The Court’s ruling in Windsor v. United States strikes a powerful blow against the right-wing notion that Judeo-Christian morality justifies discrimination.
The unanimous decision is a victory for patients, women, scientists, doctors, researchers and human kind.
Early marriage and domestic violence in the camps are a fact of life for girls fleeing the civil war.
I don’t have simplistic fantasies about being rescued from oppression by figureheads alone. But I also know that women and people of color are a threat to the status quo.
That’s right, the evangelist's crusade against depravity took him straight to New York City porn parlors. It looks like he studied their products closely.
Anti-choicers think what they believe determines how abortion restrictions are enforced. They're dangerously wrong.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Feminism is not any single person or outcome, it’s a practice, and a far more active one than Valenti gives credit for.
Whatever their intent, laws equating pregnancy termination with murder are used against pregnant women, not for them.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box