News and Features
The Court’s ruling in Windsor v. United States strikes a powerful blow against the right-wing notion that Judeo-Christian morality justifies discrimination.
The unanimous decision is a victory for patients, women, scientists, doctors, researchers and human kind.
Early marriage and domestic violence in the camps are a fact of life for girls fleeing the civil war.
I don’t have simplistic fantasies about being rescued from oppression by figureheads alone. But I also know that women and people of color are a threat to the status quo.
That’s right, the evangelist's crusade against depravity took him straight to New York City porn parlors. It looks like he studied their products closely.
Anti-choicers think what they believe determines how abortion restrictions are enforced. They're dangerously wrong.
With a two-seat gain while chair of the DSCC and a successful effort to get a budget through the Senate under her belt, Patty Murray has become a major force in the Senate.
Feminism is not any single person or outcome, it’s a practice, and a far more active one than Valenti gives credit for.
Whatever their intent, laws equating pregnancy termination with murder are used against pregnant women, not for them.
The future of media must include all of us.
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Why the US-Cuba Deal Really Is a Victory for the Cuban Revolution
- Did Barack Obama Just Win Florida for the 2016 Democratic Nominee?
- How Bad Can Marco Rubio and Congress Muck Up the Cuba Shift?
Facebook Like Box