News and Features
New “exceptions” to the country’s total ban on abortion are worthless in practice.
On women who refused to live in silence and be consigned to oblivion.
Straight talk about essentialism, sexism, leaning in and speaking out.
The trans community is coming out—and bringing with it a deeper understanding of what it means to be human.
The documentary has been banned in India—which makes watching it only more urgent.
Fox’s Empire made TV-ratings history by letting a black woman be her multidimensional self.
We can, and should, support trans men and other gender-non-conforming people without erasing women from the fight for reproductive rights.
The romance in the film isn’t perverse—and that’s the problem.
Without knowing why disciplinary committees do what they do, we’re in the dark.
In the early part of the twentieth century, women’s creative talent was far more widely recognized and valued in the filmmaking community.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.