News and Features
By smashing evil-doers flat, we've said,
This war has changed Iraq forevermore.
So why is it that Kurds and Shiites start
Imagining they've seen this all before?
The Sinclair Broadcast Group, a Maryland-based media company whose
holdings include sixty-two TV stations, did the country a favor when it
refused to air the April 30 special edition of Nigh
President Bush is again refusing to take responsibility
for any of the horrors happening on his watch.
The stark fact that significant portions of our planet are under the
supervision of exceptionally stupid and ill-informed people is provoking
unwonted expressions of anger and alarm.
Can we please stop calling it a quagmire? The United States isn't mired
in a bog or a marsh in Iraq (quagmire's literal meaning); it is
free-falling off a cliff.
One of my favorite little films is a satirical documentary titled
"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"
In his April 13 press conference, Bush lamented the poor showing of Iraqi security forces in recent clashes with insurgents.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.