News and Features
President Bush is again refusing to take responsibility
for any of the horrors happening on his watch.
The stark fact that significant portions of our planet are under the
supervision of exceptionally stupid and ill-informed people is provoking
unwonted expressions of anger and alarm.
Can we please stop calling it a quagmire? The United States isn't mired
in a bog or a marsh in Iraq (quagmire's literal meaning); it is
free-falling off a cliff.
One of my favorite little films is a satirical documentary titled
"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"
In his April 13 press conference, Bush lamented the poor showing of Iraqi security forces in recent clashes with insurgents.
Keen to control the flow of information, the Bush political machine has
labored day and night to obstruct public oversight of US foreign policy.
But the basic reality cannot be hidden.
Correction: "The Man" is the term Dick Cheney uses to refer to George W. Bush, not the term used by other officials to refer to Cheney. (6/1/04)
Like dirty money, tainted reputations can be laundered, as the
Administration fervently hopes in the case of John Negroponte. Now UN
ambassador, Negroponte has been chosen by George W.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box