News and Features
Saddam Hussein's capture on December 13 ended the role of the minority Sunni Arabs as Iraq's ruling group since 1638, when the Sunni Ottoman Turks captured Mesopotamia (then comprising Baghdad an
After twenty-one tension-filled days of raucous speeches, poetry readings, threats, bribery and walkouts, Afghanistan's loya jirga, held to endorse a new Constitution for Afghanistan after
Until there is a legitimate government in Iraq, it's unclear whether any new oil deals will stand.
New documents detail how Rumsfeld and Reagan let Iraq know it was just fine to keep using chemical weapons against Iran and the Kurds.
Reporters say harassment and intimidation by American soldiers is growing.
"The enemies of a free Iraq have lost their leader," said George Bush following the capture of Saddam Hussein.
Hanging with Halliburton at ReBuilding Iraq 2.
The last time I saw pictures of a man in need of a haircut being displayed as a trophy of the American Empire it was Che Guevara, stretched out dead on a table in Vallegrande, a village in the Bo
Fears grow, hopes dim, in occupied Iraq.
Khrushchev wrote in his incomparable memoirs that Soviet admirals, like admirals everywhere, loved battleships because they could get piped aboard in great style amid the respectful hurrahs of th
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box