News and Features
Can we please stop calling it a quagmire? The United States isn't mired
in a bog or a marsh in Iraq (quagmire's literal meaning); it is
free-falling off a cliff.
One of my favorite little films is a satirical documentary titled
"How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?"
In his April 13 press conference, Bush lamented the poor showing of Iraqi security forces in recent clashes with insurgents.
Keen to control the flow of information, the Bush political machine has
labored day and night to obstruct public oversight of US foreign policy.
But the basic reality cannot be hidden.
Correction: "The Man" is the term Dick Cheney uses to refer to George W. Bush, not the term used by other officials to refer to Cheney. (6/1/04)
Like dirty money, tainted reputations can be laundered, as the
Administration fervently hopes in the case of John Negroponte. Now UN
ambassador, Negroponte has been chosen by George W.
In cautioning George W.
Halfway through Tim Russert's hourlong interview with Demo-
cratic presidential nominee Senator John Kerry on April 18, there was an
exchange that revealed in microcosm some of the fundamental
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- No Water For Motown: Why Detroit Is Denying Its Citizens This Basic Human Right
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
Facebook Like Box