News and Features
In 1997 a 29-year-old schizophrenic inmate named Michael Valent was
stripped naked and strapped to a restraining chair by Utah prison staff
because he refused to take a pillowcase off his head.
Someone's lying--big-time--and neither Congress nor the media have
begun to scratch the surface.
"Abu Ghraib prison was used for torture in Saddam's time.
By smashing evil-doers flat, we've said,
This war has changed Iraq forevermore.
So why is it that Kurds and Shiites start
Imagining they've seen this all before?
The Sinclair Broadcast Group, a Maryland-based media company whose
holdings include sixty-two TV stations, did the country a favor when it
refused to air the April 30 special edition of Nigh
President Bush is again refusing to take responsibility
for any of the horrors happening on his watch.
The stark fact that significant portions of our planet are under the
supervision of exceptionally stupid and ill-informed people is provoking
unwonted expressions of anger and alarm.
Can we please stop calling it a quagmire? The United States isn't mired
in a bog or a marsh in Iraq (quagmire's literal meaning); it is
free-falling off a cliff.
One of my favorite little films is a satirical documentary titled
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box