News and Features
The powerful right-wing lobby doesn’t represent most American Jews, and it’s no longer the only game in town.
The Obama administration's strategic rebalance is really just a retreat.
The country is awash in conformist state worship, fueled by the shrill narrative of a war on terror.
One key goal of NSA surveillance of world leaders is not US national security but political blackmail—as it has been since 1898.
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
The bill now being pushed by the neocons and AIPAC could destroy the most promising developments in a decade.
Relinquishing privacy and transparency has stifled genuine public debate about the goals of our policy and left us both stupid and weak.
Why are so many of our “surgical” strikes going so terribly wrong?
Can they survive another grand coalition with Angela Merkel’s CDU—and is it too late to rejuvenate the party that once subordinated capitalism to the public good?
At first it was the Muslim Brotherhood. Now dozens of journalists, non-Islamist activists and students have been detained and beaten.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box