News and Features
Bill Gates and a corps of Western donors are on a mission to rid Nigeria of the crippling virus, but the last cases have been hard to stamp out.
As her record shows, Clinton has embraced destructive nationalist myths about America’s role in the world.
After thirteen years of the failed war on terror, it’s time to scrutinize America’s assumptions about military involvement in the Middle East.
The US military continues a long series of mistakes, missteps and mishaps across Africa.
As the UN Committee Against Torture meets in Geneva, Murat Kurnaz urges justice for those detained and tortured at Guantánamo.
Exploring the roots of imperial depression.
Four months into Iraq War 3.0, the cracks are showing—on the battlefield and in Washington.
Barcelona and Madrid, which once made common cause against Franco, have ceased to understand each other.
To believe that our nation has always been exceptional requires a suppression of ordinary skepticism and a belief that calls for extraordinary arrogance.
Senators Carl Levin and James Inhofe’s call to send weapons into a war zone is a transparent ploy to provoke Russia.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.