News and Features
It's time to curtail the executive branch’s war-making powers—before it’s too late.
The biggest defense contractors are reaping profits off taxpayer dollars—whatever the mood of the moment.
The Helms Amendment bans the use of US foreign aid for all abortion care, including for victims of sexual assault. This International Women's Day, it's time to remember their plight.
Ignore the jingoism, from politicians and the press—the tenth anniversary marks a tenth year from hell.
Two years after the Arab Spring came to Bahrain, protesters are still fighting rampant human rights abuses—a bloody battle that isn't likely to end anytime soon.
Few are asking the hard questions about what security we actually need—and how to keep track of the billions of dollars that the government pours into it.
What does it mean when torture, already the definition of "cruel," becomes usual?
The LGBT Center and a host of high-profile New York City politicians have endorsed open debate of Israel-Palestine—only with ritual support for Israel's policies.
The president should stem growing tensions with Russia to earn its cooperation in combating terrorism and nuclear proliferation.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth