News and Features
This is only the latest in a string of terror attacks since Kenya invaded Somalia in 2011.
In an historic election, voters declared that they’re tired of economic growth without development for all.
This invasion pits billionaire royal elites of the Gulf—and their US and Arab League supporters—against the downtrodden people of Yemen.
In the new politics of Afghanistan, the Obama administration finds itself being reduced to the status of bystander.
A reading list on the future of austerity in Greece, Europe and beyond.
Nations like Haiti don’t “fail” because of their people, but because they’ve been relentlessly exploited by the more “developed” world.
It is time to walk away and leave the region to its own bad behavior.
Covering the island has been a central concern for The Nation since the beginning—producing scoops, aiding diplomacy, and pushing for a change in policy.
When a Palestinian woman went to this Jewish group’s annual conference, she found a growing movement of Jews and other allies.
And other myths of American patriotism.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.