News and Features
And other headlines from an upside-down history of the US military and the world.
Iraq Veterans Against the War and human rights organizations in both the US and Iraq are collecting signatures for a petition to pressure the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights to hold a hearing on the human rights impacts of US wars.
Washington’s assurances that it will defend Israel no matter what it does, however objectionable, kill any hope of a two-state solution to the conflict.
Here's how to turn the US-Mexican border into a war zone.
Deadly clashes shock a nation fresh off the heels of a military coup.
In a clear challenge to hardliners, President-elect Hassan Rouhani vowed, ‘I have come to destroy extremism.’
The reputations of Reagan-era officials who enabled the Guatemalan genocide have not been tarnished.
The US military's involvement in the unraveling of a continent.
There are some hopeful signs, including his recent speech at the National Defense University and a new, less hawkish foreign policy team.
China did not participate in the Iraq war, but is still reaping the benefits of its prize—oil.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box