Nation Topics - For Profit Education
News and Features
Gov. Rick Snyder’s ruthless austerity measures have made the state a bleak place to live, work and go to school.
Under the banner of high-tech progress, corporate lobbyists have rammed through legislation privatizing K-12 education across the country.
As thirty-six states contemplate privatization measures, public schools are on the defensive.
The privatization of the nation's greatest, once-public colleges and
universities is well under way. The loss of low-cost higher education
is a quiet tragedy, one that will severely limit the potential of
generations of future students.
The Community Education Partners (CEP) serves students the public schools don't want--and it makes millions.
Research support was provided by the Open Society Institute and the Investigative Fund of The Nation Institute.
- How America Became a Third World Country
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks
- The First Couple’s Post-Racial Bootstraps Myth
- Hundreds of Non-Union Workers With Taxpayer-Supported Jobs Plan to Strike Today