Nation Topics - Feminism
News and Features
Yes, let’s erase stigma. But feminists, please: let’s not forget to talk about male privilege.
Social media platforms are enabling women to speak out anonymously and show that harassment exists—but that hasn’t resulted in culture change.
Villainizing sex workers won’t improve their lives. Basic labor rights will.
Like their male counterparts, black and Latina girls and young women suffer from striking racial disparities in education and income.
As the movement enjoys a star moment, “controversial” issues risk being left behind.
There is danger in turning surrogacy into a sexless crime.
Empowered by social media, feminists are calling one another out for ideological offenses. Is it good for the movement? And whose movement is it?
At oral argument, members of the Supreme Court seemed suspicious that a thirty-five-foot buffer was necessary for safe entrance to reproductive health facilities.
Preventing further sexual and economic violence will require a more equitable distribution of resources within the country and the hemisphere.
Muslim women are fighting for their rights from within Islamic tradition, rather than against it.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box