Nation Topics - Feminism
News and Features
The line between respecting civil liberties and protecting victims is anything but clear.
What is wrong with the men at the helm of the movement?
Who today would argue publicly that women aren’t funny?
Students fighting to improve campus sexual assault policies face indifference—or worse—from administrators.
Black women have made connections between their struggles and those of black men since the 1800s.
Black girls face daunting odds, too. Why does My Brother’s Keeper neglect their struggles?
For Latinos and Asian- and Arab-Americans, Ferguson is our fight too.
The so-called “Swedish model” banning the purchase but not the sale of sex is catching on in Europe. But does it work? And for whom?
By failing to connect the plight of trans women to the struggles of all women, feminists overlook the same culture of male entitlement they seek to combat.
Despite the president’s promise to cut funding to discredited HIV and pregnancy prevention programs, taxpayer dollars are still bankrolling anti-gay, anti-choice conservative religious groups.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.