Nation Topics - Executive Branch
News and Features
Nation readers provided good ideas—and a bit of wariness—when asked how Obamas should use his presidential authority.
Here are just a few things the Foreign Relations Committee should be asking Obama’s nominee for secretary of state.
How Obama’s targeted killings, leaks and the Everything-Is-Classified State have fused.
Is this a politician who, when faced with recalcitrant opposition, would rather switch than fight?
Why a progressive presidency is impossible, for now.
Even with supermajorities in both houses of Congress behind them, American presidents cannot pass the kind of transformative progressive legislation that Barack Obama promised in his 2008 presidential campaign. Here's why.
What effect will the reduction in troops in Iraq that Obama has promised have on defense spending?
The Obama Administration has announced a plan to reduce the budget deficit through a three-year freeze on non-security discretionary spending. What are possible long-term effects?
The Bay State election results are a chapter in a story that predates Obama's presidency.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box