News and Features
The recovery could be an opportunity to realign our relationship with the natural world.
We can choose to ignore scientific warnings about climate change—or we can choose to act.
Without immediate action, cities like New York and Washington face a future of massive levees, floodgates and ecological catastrophe.
It’s time to ditch the political euphemisms, and start calling lies, theft and greed by their true name.
A tribute to the pioneering environmentalist who put science in the service of social justice.
He would eviscerate environmental regulation and encourage plunder by oil and gas interests.
Some hospitals, like St. Joe's in Ann Arbor, are seeking out local food—but for the local food movement, meeting their needs is a challenge.
Despite Romney’s claims, Obama poses little threat to the industry.
American politicians are touting a future of robust domestic oil production. There’s just one problem: our planet won’t allow it.
The presidential candidates have barely touched on environmental issues in their campaigns—and they both have plenty to answer for. Here’s what voters want to know.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
Facebook Like Box