News and Features
Some companies want the ban dropped.
The Obama administration’s new targets to reduce carbon emissions are a step in the right direction, but we need to demand much more.
If you live in a toxic environment like this, surrounded by refineries, you’re probably not thinking about some future apocalypse. You’re living in one.
An increase in carbon sales to non-OECD countries will help create a humanitarian catastrophe of apocalyptic dimensions.
Think of climate change as a WMD on a particularly long fuse, already lit and there for any of us to see.
In 2008, progressives won control of City Hall. Now, as elections loom, Chevron wants to take it back.
How a US government loan enabled an environmentally destructive project plagued by lethal landslide, police repression and civil unrest.
Averting planetary disaster will mean forcing fossil fuel companies to give up at least $10 trillion in wealth.
We can, and must, create common ground between the labor and climate movements.
The climate crisis has such bad timing, confronting it not only requires a new economy but a new way of thinking.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.