News and Features
But does his DNC speech signal that Obama will now champion the climate fight? Or was he just telling the Democratic base what they wanted to hear?
As the Democratic governor considers whether to allow the controversial gas drilling practice, anti-fracking forces vow to stop it—even if they have to go to jail to do so.
For decades, the World Bank pushed privatization of the power industry and assumed that energy services would "trickle down" to the poor.
The summer of 2012 has been one of heat, drought, rising food costs and global unrest.
Shell is getting ready to drill for oil in the Arctic Ocean, and while it’s not yet quite a done deal, the prospect should certainly focus our minds.
This scorching summer could be a global warming landmark—if we demand climate action from our leaders.
Moral indignation is no longer enough to combat the power of Big Oil.
This is not a “perfect storm” but the new normal in the American west.
The answer—Big Ag. Just ask the family farmers who dared to protest an industrial hog farm in Missouri.
A former managing director at JP Morgan wants to see a complete re-imagining of the world of investments.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box