Nation Topics - Environmental Activism
News and Features
Promising local initiatives are pointing the way forward for national policy.
Some of the best activism is happening in Britain—but in policy terms, payoff has been slight.
Some hardcore Obama campaign volunteers find rewarding jobs outside the administration.
Turnout for 350.org's International Climate Day of Action was high in New York City--and in some of the developing nations most vulnerable to effects of global warming.
Wise, compassionate forces from civil society must join green business to change our politics.
Not everyone considers access to water to be a human right. A global water justice movement is changing that notion.
Passover and Earth Day fall in the same week in April this year. Here's how environmental activists and people of faith can respond to this holy season of liberation.
Thousands of students came together to infuse the largest citizen conference ever to address climate change with energy, enthusiasm and a new vision for the future.
As the nuclear power plant industry tries to leverage the energy crisis, foes of nuclear power are putting a serious crimp in their plans.
Welcome to the Age of Insuffiency: As oil prices hit new highs and supplies sink, our way of life will drastically change.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box