News and Features
A conversation with the two-time Green Party vice presidential candidate.
How about a 40 percent cut by 2030 based on 1990 levels?
Some companies want the ban dropped.
The Obama administration’s new targets to reduce carbon emissions are a step in the right direction, but we need to demand much more.
If you live in a toxic environment like this, surrounded by refineries, you’re probably not thinking about some future apocalypse. You’re living in one.
Environmental groups have warned directors of fossil fuel companies that they may be held personally liable for misleading the public about climate change.
An increase in carbon sales to non-OECD countries will help create a humanitarian catastrophe of apocalyptic dimensions.
Think of climate change as a WMD on a particularly long fuse, already lit and there for any of us to see.
In 2008, progressives won control of City Hall. Now, as elections loom, Chevron wants to take it back.
The second in a series of debates between The Nation and The National Review, moderated by Roll Call.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- The Centerpiece of Obama’s Energy Policy Will Actually Make Climate Change Worse
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
- On Israel-Palestine and BDS: Chomsky Replies
Facebook Like Box