News and Features
The scientific race toward “precision medicine” is shifting the ethical foundations of public health.
The fight between terrorism and tourism in Algeria’s Atlas Mountains.
Thanks to the revolution in digital technology, privacy is about to go the way of the eight-track player.
The “logic” of capitalist development has left a nightmare of environmental destruction in its wake.
The future will follow an unpredictable route, but we must still follow a compass called hope.
Why was former president and climate-justice hero Mohamed Nasheed sentenced to prison on terrorism charges?
How the $20 billion illegal animal trade has pushed the saola—and countless other species—to the brink of extinction.
It’s not overproduction in shale fields, and it’s not global economic stagnation. It’s something far more threatening to Big Oil’s business model.
An ice-choked ocean, tens of thousands of whales, no proven technology in case of emergency and a mission for oil: what could possibly go wrong?
The first quarter-century of crisis over eastern Mediterranean natural gas has been nothing but prelude.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- ‘Charlie Hebdo’ Deserves Its Award for Courage in Free Expression. Here’s Why.
- Defend Charlie Hebdo’s Publishing Disgusting Cartoons About Muslims? Yes. Give Them an Award for It? No.