News and Features
Click here for info on how you can help save Arizona's Clean Elections Act.
The young and the angry mosh the vote for the November election.
On October 29, 2002, George W. Bush signed the Help America Vote Act
(HAVA). Hidden behind its apple-pie-and-motherhood name lies a nasty
civil rights time bomb.
According to the Constitution, the President, with the consent of the Senate, selects the members of the Supreme Court.
AS NOVEMBER approaches, the Presidential race
seems to be too close for partisans of either side
to take comfort.
For almost forty years now, the white South has been moving steadily into the Republican ranks.
The Republican drive represents a power grab unprecedented in scale and timing.
In a 5-to-4 decision as we went to press, the Supreme Court upheld nearly all the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act's provisions.
Russell Simmons was never a young voter. The 46-year-old hip-hop tycoon
cast his first vote in a presidential election seven years ago, he says,
at the age of 39.
Forty-four states in the United States today bar people with mental illnesses from voting.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box