News and Features
This multiracial, multi-issue progressive coalition is not only remobilizing in North Carolina—its model of activism is now spreading all over the South.
Some states are reviving disenfranchisement schemes that date back to the antebellum South.
A history of the fight for voting rights and the movement to restrict them once again.
The Supreme Court affirmed the rights of gay people just as it rode roughshod over the rights of African-Americans.
Activists are already moving ‘from outrage to action’ in fighting the Supreme Court’s awful VRA decision.
Ari Berman on the Supreme Court's ruling in Arizona v. Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, Greg Mitchell on the US media and Syria, Dave Zirin on the protests in Brazil
Nearly five decades after Bloody Sunday in Selma, he’s in the fight of his life, as the Supreme Court threatens to overturn his signature achievement.
Section 5 is as necessary today as it was in 1965, when Alabama state troopers beat freedom marchers in Selma.
How many dysfunctional election cycles are we going to endure before we accept the necessity of this reform?
“Money Out, Voting In” should become labor’s mantra.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Thomas Piketty and Millennial Marxists on the Scourge of Inequality
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- What the French E-mail Meme Reveals About America’s Runaway Culture of Work
Facebook Like Box