News and Features
The focus of left politics must be to change the terms of a debate that leaves us with impoverished choices. It's only in the context of a shriveled political imagination that that looks like nihilism.
The power brokers of both parties are already busy trying to shut down debate and shut out alternatives for 2016.
Marca Tu Voto AC, a citizens’ group, is spearheading the national effort to overhaul Chile’s 1980 constitution.
Women of color are the “gender gap.”
The mayoral hopeful is one of the most high-profile politicians to come out in support of the growing movement for low-wage workers’ rights.
Why his campaign for NYC mayor has ignited the passion of New York’s progressives.
For the first time in years, class politics are creeping back onto the New York campaign trail.
The anti-corruption activist’s mayoral campaign in Moscow is dividing voters, while testing the country’s diminished opposition party.
Last week, eight candidates in New York City's upcoming mayoral election spoke on issues of policing and criminal justice at a forum co-sponsored by The Nation.
It's not just the government and corporations who are tracking your cell and computer use: politicians on the campaign trail are some of the biggest data snoopers around.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box