Nation Topics - Election 2014
News and Features
How else can we explain voters who chose Mitch McConnell senators and Elizabeth Warren policies?
Voters in fourteen states faced new restrictions, and in several races, disenfranchised voters could have changed the outcome.
From blocking nominees to launching pointless investigations to deregulating everything, the new Senate is poised to wreak havoc.
The trouble started when the party abandoned its working-class base.
Opposing bad policy and bad compromises isn’t enough. We need new thinking and new approaches.
After drugs were found aboard the Ping May, a vessel owned by his wife’s family’s company, Colombian authorities are investigating.
In New York State, the best way to end corruption, reform politics and counter inequality is to keep the WFP strong.
Documents obtained by The Nation show former Governor Mike Rounds’s campaign manager may have improperly awarded state economic incentives to firms in which he and the candidate held investments.
A vote for Teachout is a demand for a more progressive, ideas-driven politics.
- Why Is No One Talking About the NYPD Shooter’s Other Target?
- After Cuba, Obama Can Make History by Recognizing Palestine
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- The Day the Troops Refused to Fight: December 25, 1914
- Zephyr Teachout, Hands Up United and John Oliver Made Our 2014 Progressive Honor Roll. Who Else Made the List?
Facebook Like Box