Nation Topics - Election 2012
News and Features
Where their interests overlap, progressive politics can thrive.
In a second Obama term, we must organize to win a new social contract for a new economy.
While preventing a Republican triumph is imperative, we should have no illusions about Obama.
If he wins, he must use his platform and powers to tackle issues from global warming to nuclear arms control.
In this election and after, we need to write a new story for our changing nation that places care and connection at the center.
In the contest that comes after November, Obama will be on the wrong team.
A Romney presidency would rob progressive movements of the oxygen required to grow deeper and broader roots.
In four close Western races, the tribal population could tip the balance.
The presidential candidates have barely touched on environmental issues in their campaigns—and they both have plenty to answer for. Here’s what voters want to know.
Five key topics you won't hear discussed in Wednesday's debate.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box