Nation Topics - Election 2012
News and Features
In this election, the deepest division was over whether we are all in this together.
If there was ever a response to Mitt Romney’s smug RNC laugh line about climate change—or to Obama’s failure to address it—Hurricane Sandy delivered.
In California, Michigan, Alabama and beyond, voters came out for organized labor.
Without the youth vote, Obama woud have lost Florida, Ohio, Virginia and Pennsylvania—and the election.
Her clear-as-a-bell progressive convictions mobilized a massive grassroots base.
The author and activist doesn't have a utopia to offer, but rather, warns of a dystopia to avoid.
County clerks are reporting inaccessible polling stations, damaged absentee ballots and mass confusion about where and how to vote on Tuesday.
The one key way in which Romney's foreign policy differs from Obama's.
- New ACLU Cellphone App Automatically Preserves Video of Police Encounters
- How the Senate Armed Services Committee Is Undermining Minsk II
- Stephen Cohen: We’re Living Through a Geopolitical Transition
- 6 Degrees of Separation Between Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton
- 6 Scholars Who Are ‘Reimagining Black Politics’