News and Features
Mitch Daniels’s covert war on Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States.
Showdowns in Chicago, Philadelphia, New York City and beyond have turned out parents and teachers in droves—and revealed how out of touch education reformers really are.
A resurgent protest culture fights back against Rahm Emanuel’s austerity agenda.
From student walkouts in Philly and Chicago to union organizing and MOOCs in California, here are the latest reports by our student activist/writers.
This third-term governor is rethinking healthcare and education with holistic, community-based programs.
CORE’s victory is a boost to social movement unionism—and a model for other unions around the country.
I’d like to believe my sons’ best life is in my home, and not with their first families. But Christians committed to justice need to remember we are not entitled to other people’s children.
As part of The Nation's mayoral candidate series, de Blasio gives his views on how to tackle economic inequality.
Resistance is growing, and with good reason—test mania delivers few benefits and often harms the students it’s meant to help.
He claimed that he's narrowed the achievement gap, but his record indicates otherwise.
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- North Carolina Will Determine the Future of the Voting Rights Act
- The 12 Scariest Findings in the New Report on the Bundy Ranch Standoff
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
Facebook Like Box