Nation Topics - Economic Policy
News and Features
Gas is up, sneakers are up, onions are up and eggs, too. The only thing that is not up is your income.
Let's reinvent progressive economic policy, starting with our own sovereign wealth fund to deal with urgent social needs.
A look at the gap between rich and poor via two books: David Cay Johnson's Free Lunch and Michael J. Thompson's The Politics of Inequality.
For Roosevelt, the New Deal was a way of advancing freedom, which depended on economic as much as political rights.
The power of Wall Street money and ideas must give way to a new public agenda to restore the real economy.
Proving once and for all that progressive economic projects are worth more than tax cuts.
People are wriggling free of the fetters of corporate culture.
Feeling squeezed? It's official: if you're not in management, the value of your paycheck is dropping at an alarming rate.
Good news in the stimulus package: low and middle income Americans receive cash to rev a slowing economy. Bad news: tax breaks for businesses won't help much at all.
OK, three-quarters of what he says is wacky. But his view of the Fed's contribution to rampant inflation is right on the money.
- Rahm Emanuel's Zombie Pigs vs. Chicago's Angry Birds
- Letter to 'The Nation' From a Young Radical
- The Secret Donors Behind the Center for American Progress and Other Think Tanks [Updated on 5/24]
- Why Prosecuting Ariel Castro for Murder Won’t Prevent Violence Against Pregnant Women
- How America Became a Third World Country