Nation Topics - Covert Ops
News and Features
What seventy downed drones reveal about the new American way of war.
Governments are ramping up investment in cyberweaponry as well as cybersecurity, opening a dark new frontier.
Welcome to the Drone Empire, in which the president's executioners can kill without legal restraint.
How US proxy wars helped create a militant Islamist threat.
Community partnerships are seen as a softer counterterrorism. But who are the partners?
In a secret, underground prison in Mogadishu, Somalia, prisoners have no access to due process, international organizations or anyone from the outside world.
Jeremy Scahill says America has to decide, "are we a country that operates under the rule of law or do we believe we're emperors who can wage war on the world?"
Something is terribly wrong when one can see a walled CIA compound in plain site from the tarmac of an international airport.
During his time in Somalia, Scahill discovered that the CIA is becoming increasingly involved in "counterterrorism" operations in the country.
What will be the consequences of Washington's intensifying counterterrorism focus on Somalia?
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box