Nation Topics - Covert Ops
News and Features
The US plan to create another armed group to inject into Libya’s fractious sea of competing militias is going forward—and is fraught with peril.
If you want to know what US forces are doing in Africa, it helps to be connected to a large engineering or construction firm looking for business.
The officers running secret operations there have been calling Africa "the battlefield of tomorrow, today."
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.
That’s over 60 percent of the nations on the planet.
What is the NSA doing with your metadata?
Just as the Assange saga consumes too much of Alex Gibney’s film, so today’s Snowden obsession deflects attention away from our sprawling surveillance state.
Ahmed Rashid’s gloomy, essential account of the divisive US-Pakistan alliance.
Search engine executives warn about invasive government surveillance, but the digital arms trade begins with their own technologies.
How three US citizens were killed by their own government in the space of one month in 2011.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box