Nation Topics - Conservatives and the American Right
News and Features
In a desperate election, nostalgia for an America before the decline is the GOP’s only message.
Demographic trends threaten the party’s electoral future—but it does have another option.
How a former attorney at the U.S. Justice Department, former RAND analyst, and former Republican came to join the reality-based community.
Why has brazen lying become intrinsic to GOP strategy? Because the party’s actual agenda is so unpopular, so unworkable and so dangerous.
Let’s at least set the record straight.
“Diversity” today marks a shift from equal opportunities to photo opportunities; institutions look different but they operate in exactly the same way.
Has Hurricane Isaac taught Bobby Jindal that in the face of natural disaster, small government is no help?
The nation’s top business lobby has built up a huge war chest for conservatives. But has it crossed the legal line?
At the RNC, Nation reporters find a hard-right party that’s cozy with lobbyists and interested in dealing with major storms only when they threaten their convention.
What's the matter with them? Do they have Stockholm syndrome?
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box