Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
By voting to set a timetable to withdraw from Iraq, the House and Senate are finally at the table, challenging Bush's war-making.
Progressive Congressman Bob Filner is pursuing an ambitious agenda to secure proper care for wounded warriors.
In just six years, Bush has squandered centuries of American progress. It's time to start repairing the damage.
As the Bush Administration steps up its campaign against Iran, opponents have a dual responsibility: to contest the strategic context for escalation and to bar specific acts of aggression.
As debate unfolds on a non-binding Iraq resolution, the House should consider exacting a promise from President not to invade Iran.
It's time for Congress to stop talking and start moving on
Beyond merely opposing escalation, lawmakers are pushing tough measures to withdraw troops and defund the war.
A Congress that takes the Constitution seriously can force the White
House to do the same.
Tell us how progressives in Congress can promote bold new initiatives, end an illegal war and call an abusive President to account.
Ten good bills await passage that could make a real difference.
- Responses to Noam Chomsky on Israel-Palestine and BDS
- The Real Reason Pot Is Still Illegal
- Losing to Germany Wasn’t Actually the Worst Thing to Happen to Brazil This World Cup
- The GOP’s Completely Incoherent Stance on the Border Crisis
- The Senate Judiciary Committee Just Backed an Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’
Facebook Like Box