Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
The House Democratic leadership chooses merely to appear to oppose the war, while continuing to fund it.
By voting to set a timetable to withdraw from Iraq, the House and Senate are finally at the table, challenging Bush's war-making.
Progressive Congressman Bob Filner is pursuing an ambitious agenda to secure proper care for wounded warriors.
In just six years, Bush has squandered centuries of American progress. It's time to start repairing the damage.
As the Bush Administration steps up its campaign against Iran, opponents have a dual responsibility: to contest the strategic context for escalation and to bar specific acts of aggression.
As debate unfolds on a non-binding Iraq resolution, the House should consider exacting a promise from President not to invade Iran.
It's time for Congress to stop talking and start moving on
Beyond merely opposing escalation, lawmakers are pushing tough measures to withdraw troops and defund the war.
A Congress that takes the Constitution seriously can force the White
House to do the same.
Tell us how progressives in Congress can promote bold new initiatives, end an illegal war and call an abusive President to account.
- Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza—Debunked
- Why It Matters That Norman Finkelstein Just Got Arrested Outside the Israeli Consulate
- How One Unlikely Rodent Is Saving the American West—and Perhaps the Planet
- Don’t Worry, the ‘Grown-Ups’ Will Deal With Gaza
- Here’s What Happens When an NFL Player Beats His Fiancée Unconscious
Facebook Like Box