Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
There will be no change until we change Congress.
How do the House and Senate bills compare on affordability and enforceability?
Dropping the public option and Medicare expansion means breaking the promise of health reform: better care at lower cost.
It takes sixty votes to pass an amendment and most of the proposed measures for the healthcare bill will never pass. Still, a great opportunity to grandstand over pet issues.
A pending amendment to the $100 billion war spending bill also authorizes suppression of hundreds of torture photos. Will MoveOn use its muscle to stand up for progressive principles?
Congress must act to remove from positions of trust those who sanctioned torture and dial down the imperial presidency that has evolved on its watch.
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) has an uncanny ability to provoke befuddlement in the faces of her adversaries.
Harry Hanbury attempts to spend an entire day attending fundraisers but instead successfully gets chased out of restaurants all over Capitol Hill.
If the new Populist Caucus is to make a difference in Congress, its members must channel popular fury at Wall Street's amen corner on Capitol Hill.
Don't listen to the fearmongers: government-run healthcare is cost-efficient, effective and far superior to the free-market mess we're in.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box