Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
The latest moves on healthcare reform from Kucinich, Massa and Stupak.
Lawrence Lessig explains how Obama's surrender in the fight for Congressional reform betrayed Washington.
Let the Republicans actually filibuster something, hour after excrutiating hour, in real time. The public won't like it.
Find out Professor Lawrence Lessig's solutions and ideas for how to fix Congress in this video companion to his cover story, "How to Get Democracy Back."
There will be no change until we change Congress.
How do the House and Senate bills compare on affordability and enforceability?
Dropping the public option and Medicare expansion means breaking the promise of health reform: better care at lower cost.
It takes sixty votes to pass an amendment and most of the proposed measures for the healthcare bill will never pass. Still, a great opportunity to grandstand over pet issues.
A pending amendment to the $100 billion war spending bill also authorizes suppression of hundreds of torture photos. Will MoveOn use its muscle to stand up for progressive principles?
Congress must act to remove from positions of trust those who sanctioned torture and dial down the imperial presidency that has evolved on its watch.
- Why Is a Florida Man Facing Life in Prison For Lending a Friend His Car and Going to Sleep?
- Bigots Will Learn: You’re Not Going to Scare Henry Aaron
- Lewis Black on Why He’s a Socialist—and Creationists Get the ‘Cosmos’ Parody They Deserve
- [LIVE STREAM] Thomas Piketty: Is Inequality Inevitable?
- White Noise, Black Politics
Facebook Like Box