Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
Speaker Nancy Pelosi has laid out a strategy to pass healthcare reform in the next couple of days. As usual, progressives are fretting that winning will make them look bad, while conservatives are baying for blood and calling for revolution.
Only 65 members of the House voted with Kucincich to force withdrawal from the Afghan war. The outcome makes the anti-war forces appear weaker than they are, and appearances do matter.
Guest-hosting the Rachel Maddow Show, Nation DC editor Christopher Hayes talks to Rep. Diana DeGette on healthcare and Demos director Heather McGhee on consumer protection.
The latest moves on healthcare reform from Kucinich, Massa and Stupak.
Lawrence Lessig explains how Obama's surrender in the fight for Congressional reform betrayed Washington.
Let the Republicans actually filibuster something, hour after excrutiating hour, in real time. The public won't like it.
Find out Professor Lawrence Lessig's solutions and ideas for how to fix Congress in this video companion to his cover story, "How to Get Democracy Back."
There will be no change until we change Congress.
How do the House and Senate bills compare on affordability and enforceability?
Dropping the public option and Medicare expansion means breaking the promise of health reform: better care at lower cost.
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box