Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
The Republicans, with the exception of a few die-hard libertarians, always do the bidding of the banks that finance them, but the Democrats are just as eager to pig out at the bankers’ trough.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
Democrats introduced a gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. But can they overcome the NRA?
When The New York Times first revealed the NSA was wiretapping Americans without a warrant in 2005, it was a scandal. But the government continues to spy with impunity—and what was once illegal has become the law.
How to get yourself to the edge of the fiscal abyss and not jump.
In his Senate testimony, the JPMorgan CEO ludicrously defined any new trade to protect against “bad outcomes” as a hedge.
Instead of actually working to solve problems, the GOP is pursuing an ideological agenda that is nothing less than legislative malpractice.
Why are the Koch Brothers so reluctant to testify before Congress?
The former "killer lobbyist" and convicted felon explains that although it will be difficult, the system he exploited must be changed.
It’s time to tackle the root problem: subservience to corporate and financial powers.
- How Scott Walker Built a Career Sending Wisconsin Inmates to Private Prisons
- What Bill O’Reilly Really Did in El Salvador Was Worse Than Lying
- This Is Why Scott Walker Is Not Presidential Material
- Stephen Cohen: A ‘High Noon’ Moment for Ukraine
- There’s Only One Thing That Could Actually Get Bill O’Reilly in Trouble, and It’s Not Lying
Facebook Like Box