Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
It's time for Congress to stop talking and start moving on
Beyond merely opposing escalation, lawmakers are pushing tough measures to withdraw troops and defund the war.
A Congress that takes the Constitution seriously can force the White
House to do the same.
Tell us how progressives in Congress can promote bold new initiatives, end an illegal war and call an abusive President to account.
Ten good bills await passage that could make a real difference.
As Democrats clean up abuse of earmarks, they can't ignore the ones that masquerade as targeted tax breaks.
In Congress and the popular press, fantasy rules when the subject is
It shows how hapless and shallow Democrats are that they show so little electoral joy in a principled challenge to GOP rule. Instead we get tactical theatrics about whatever comes down the pike: gas prices or Foley.
America needs a new Congress--the question is, Will Americans hold the
GOP to account for their corruption, ineptitude and irresponsibility?
Thanks to an acquiescent Congress, we are now being governed by an Administration that is radically trying to change the nature of our
- The CIA Didn’t Just Torture, It Experimented on Human Beings
- What ‘The Colbert Report’ Taught Us About the Psychology of Conservatives
- Walmart’s Pregnancy Policy May Make You Sick
- The Cops Hate Being Filmed. So Why Are They OK With Body Cameras?
- How to Survive a Cop Coup: What Bill de Blasio Can Learn From Ecuador
Facebook Like Box