Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
Despite the uproar over reductions to defense funding, less than 1 percent of the Pentagon's beefy $550 billion budget will be cut this year.
Amy Treptow came to Washington to tell her story of climbing out of poverty. Some elected officials were more interested than others.
A bipartisan bill would end the NSA’s bulk data collection as we know it.
Will the Dems insist on a budget that addresses unemployment and inequality? Or will they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by seeking “common ground”?
He’s a fraud and a wacko bird, but at least the Texas senator has the courage of his convictions.
Think the Senate deal is a resounding defeat for Republicans? Think again.
America’s most vulnerable felt most of the pain.
And put an end to Republicans’ hostage-taking once and for all.
The amendment to the Defense Authorization Act urges robust negotiations toward a diplomatic settlement.
- Patricia Arquette’s Equal Pay Message Needs a Drastic Rewrite
- A 2-Day Revolt at a Texas Private Prison Reveals Everything That’s Wrong with Criminalizing Immigration
- How ‘Islamic’ Is the Islamic State?
- Netanyahu’s Latest Falsehood: The US Didn’t Support the Establishment of Israel
- What Happens if You Refuse to Pay Off Your Student Debt?
Facebook Like Box