Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
He’s a fraud and a wacko bird, but at least the Texas senator has the courage of his convictions.
Think the Senate deal is a resounding defeat for Republicans? Think again.
America’s most vulnerable felt most of the pain.
And put an end to Republicans’ hostage-taking once and for all.
The amendment to the Defense Authorization Act urges robust negotiations toward a diplomatic settlement.
The Republicans, with the exception of a few die-hard libertarians, always do the bidding of the banks that finance them, but the Democrats are just as eager to pig out at the bankers’ trough.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
Democrats introduced a gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. But can they overcome the NRA?
When The New York Times first revealed the NSA was wiretapping Americans without a warrant in 2005, it was a scandal. But the government continues to spy with impunity—and what was once illegal has become the law.
- A Former Marine Explains All the Weapons of War Being Used by Police in Ferguson
- How the War on Terror Created the World’s Most Powerful Terror Group
- The Major Problem With Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Powerful Essay on Ferguson
- Strange Fruit in Ferguson
- Tear Gas Is an Abortifacient. Why Won’t the Anti-Abortion Movement Oppose It?
Facebook Like Box