Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
Will the Dems insist on a budget that addresses unemployment and inequality? Or will they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by seeking “common ground”?
He’s a fraud and a wacko bird, but at least the Texas senator has the courage of his convictions.
Think the Senate deal is a resounding defeat for Republicans? Think again.
America’s most vulnerable felt most of the pain.
And put an end to Republicans’ hostage-taking once and for all.
The amendment to the Defense Authorization Act urges robust negotiations toward a diplomatic settlement.
The Republicans, with the exception of a few die-hard libertarians, always do the bidding of the banks that finance them, but the Democrats are just as eager to pig out at the bankers’ trough.
In the looming debt-ceiling fight, progressives must make the case for protecting social programs, raising revenues and cutting the Pentagon budget.
Democrats introduced a gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. But can they overcome the NRA?
- Did Elizabeth Warren Just Change Her Tune on Running for President?
- They Need Him, So Why Was Michael Sam Cut From the Dallas Cowboys?
- Revealed: A New Ethics Scandal Involving the GOP’s South Dakota Senate Candidate
- Poly, NYU’s Latest Global Venture in Building ‘Innovation’ on the Backs of Low-wage Workers
- Arming Ukraine Is a Very Bad Idea
Facebook Like Box