Nation Topics - Congress
News and Features
Despite the uproar over reductions to defense funding, less than 1 percent of the Pentagon's beefy $550 billion budget will be cut this year.
Amy Treptow came to Washington to tell her story of climbing out of poverty. Some elected officials were more interested than others.
A bipartisan bill would end the NSA’s bulk data collection as we know it.
Will the Dems insist on a budget that addresses unemployment and inequality? Or will they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by seeking “common ground”?
He’s a fraud and a wacko bird, but at least the Texas senator has the courage of his convictions.
Think the Senate deal is a resounding defeat for Republicans? Think again.
America’s most vulnerable felt most of the pain.
And put an end to Republicans’ hostage-taking once and for all.
The amendment to the Defense Authorization Act urges robust negotiations toward a diplomatic settlement.
- Ted Cruz Is Practically President Already
- Duke University Coach Mike Krzyzewski Is a Profile in Cowardice
- Even Indiana Republicans Are Telling Mike Pence His Discrimination Law Is Wrong
- Indiana Just Sentenced a Woman Convicted of Feticide to Twenty Years in Prison
- Trevor Noah’s Tweets Are Awful and Sexist. Don’t Fire Him for Them.